Sermon Discussion Questions
1. What kinds of things does the Holy Spirit influence in our walk with God?
2. Are there reasons certain individuals seem to be endowed with more of the Spirit than others? What do we do that encourages or hinders His work in us?
3. How is the Holy Spirit “another” helper and presence in our life, like Jesus?
4. Do you think we should expect to see the same kinds of things in our church as we read about in Acts 2-5? Why do you think we do not see the same kind of results as we read about in the early church of Acts 2-5?
1. Why is God’s presence so difficult to approach at Mt. Sinai and with the Tabernacle and Ark of the Covenant? Should God’s presence still be this terrifying today? Why or why not?
2. Balancing the holiness of God with His grace and mercy can be challenging. What happens when we shift the emphasis too far one direction or the other?
3. How have you experienced the Holy Spirit drawing you to more holiness in your walk with God? What hinders you from noticing His activity or submitting to Him?
4. Looking at the things Jesus emphasizes when He clears out the Temple (removing distractions or unholy things; and being a place of prayer, power & praise), which of these need attention in your role as the Temple of God?
1. What kinds of things in your life have led you to experience great spiritual thirst? What are some ways that you have tried to quench that thirst?
2. How have you been tricked to settle for cistern water when God has so much more to offer you? What kinds of things can you look back on and see how your choices actually added to the problems instead of truly quenching your thirst?
3. Tell of some ways the Holy Spirit has refreshed you.
4. Jesus doesn’t offer us the living water of the Holy Spirit merely for our own benefit, but so that rivers of living water can go forth from us. What are some ways the Living Water is flowing from you to others?