Sermon Discussion Questions
1. Have you ever felt a sense of remorse and unworthiness like was depicted in the movie clip from The Passion of the Christ? How does Jesus’ restoration of Peter after his failure provide hope for you in your own walk with Him?
2. How often do we try to fix our problems by our own power or wisdom? How does Jesus teach Peter to handle things differently? How does this resonate with you?
3. Which of the steps of restoration shown by Jesus do you find to be most difficult? a. Admitting your problem or failure; b. Making amends to those hurt by you; or c. Finding ways to get back to Kingdom work?
4. Why is a confession of love for Jesus the best place to start?
1. Jesus’ closest friends fell asleep when He needed them. How is that a picture of what often happens in the church today?
2. Tell of some times when you have been sifted like wheat by Satan. What came to the surface? What kinds of preparation can we do to produce healthy wheat instead of chaff?
3. What kinds of campfires have you sat around, rationalizing that it will be ok and you will be strong? How can your Life Group and/or church family provide accountability in this area?
4. How does seeing the steps of Peter’s fall prepare you for your own battles? What have you learned from his mistakes?